Tuesday, May 10, 2011

scorpion bay travels, green/flash surf, and good causes

I've been traveling a bit lately, taking advantage of some good surf and getting laughs and inspiration from the company I'm keeping and the colors I'm encountering.The Marshall brothers and I (shown below with friends during our recent Scorpion Bay trip) brought heaps of free sneakers down to Baja. The kids and adults went bananas, even the smallest ones.


Speaking of good karma and passing it on, I'm donating a small abstract work to Project Angel Food, an inspiring organization located in downtown L.A. that provides free and nutritious meals to men, women, and children with cancer, HIV/AIDS, and other life-threatening diseases. My piece will be part of the GetArt4 fund raising event, with over 200 pieces of art donated and 100% of the profits going to Project Angel Food. A seriously good cause - art and humanity combined.

I've got some surfy pieces at greenflashartshop in Cardiff and the opening reception for "New Wave" is this weekend - Saturday, the 14th, if you're in the area from 5-9 pm. Ash Francomb and Kris Boline DeGrazio, co-owners of Greenflash, heavily into art and yoga, have been a complete breeze to work with. Check out their blog for info on past and future shows, as well as more scoop on "New Wave."

No comments:

Post a Comment